Thursday, October 4, 2012

Thrifty Thursday

You'll notice a couple of pieces here that I wore during Vancouver Fashion Week! I'm proud to say I thrifted almost every thing that I wore to the week of fashion shows.

Far more often, I'm finding myself saying: "Ha! This is my most proud find to date!" It's a great feeling, and it's the biggest rush when you first find it. This blazer is my newest proud find. It fits perfectly and is just a touch fancier than your average blazer.





Store: Salvation Army
Brand: BCBGMaxAzria
Section: Blazers
What I Paid: $9.99
What it's Worth: $250


I wore this dress to Day 3 of VFW.  I've been buying embellished clothing like crazy this season; the studs, the beads, the spikes...they give a plain outfit that extra boost that sends you to glamazon status.





Store: Value Village
Brand: Silence+Noise
Section: Dresses
What I Paid: $14.99
What it's Worth: $68

You've already seen me wear this dress to the Opening Gala of Vancouver Fashion Week. I loved the black and gold pattern, which reminded me of the Baroque trend which has been a hot topic this season. I couldn't get the back to zip up completely, and I HAD to have this dress, so I did a DIY similar to this one and use some black elastic to bridge the gap.



Store: Value Village
Brand: H&M
Section: Rack of new items to be put out (snagged it before it even hit the shelves!)
What I Paid: $14.99
What its Worth: $29.95

Happy Styling! xo

~Britta

11 comments:

  1. Holy crap -- I think I need to take lessons from you. These are amazing finds! I really loved the 2 dresses that you wore to fashion week. They looked incredible on you.

    xoxo Alison
    www.stylingmylife.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Britta, you are an awesome thrifter! ;) I love all your finds but first two are extra my cup of tea. yesterday I saw a similar blazer (it had (faux) leather details in front) at my favourite thrift store but didn't buy it since it looked too big for me. such a shame actually because I loved it.

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally totally totally in love with the blazer! Fantastic and awesome price <3
    Your blog is so cute so I'm your 91 follower if you like my blog too I'm waiting for you :)
    Xoxoxo beauty

    Carolina

    www.the-world-c.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for lovely comment!!

    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Monja/444050668978520
    check and join!:)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos!! Love the last dress :)


    If you have time, please come by and check out my blog! And maybe we can follow each other via GFC?

    Daily UK PostCards
    www.bookishtimes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi doll...nice blog...what do you think to follow each other? I'll wait for you in my blog ^^
    have a nice week end ^^
    vendy

    new outfit post
    http://simplelifeve.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pieces in an affordable price! You really have a talent in finding good pieces.
    I'm a new follower. Hope you follow me back :))

    http://kathastrophee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Dear! I like your blog so much! This is my first visit here but definitely not the last :) Would you like to follow each other? :)


    XOXO,
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  9. The second dress is amazing, I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thx for stopping by. Wanna follow each other?

    (enter my giveaway - iphone case)

    Kiss,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...