Saturday, March 23, 2013

Vancouver Fashion Week FW 2013: Day 3

It's unbelievable that we are already finished Day 3 of Vancouver Fashion Week's Fall/Winter 2013 shows. Today was the day I have been waiting for all week, as I saved my best (at least according to myself) outfit for Friday! I fell in love with a pair of too-small highlighter yellow pumps in the thrift store a few weeks ago, and after a failed attempt to find the perfect ones online, I decided to take matters into my own hands. I thrifted a paid of white Aldo pumps and found myself some neon spray paint, and went to town! I'll post a step-by-step DIY if you would like it, but it was honestly as simple as taping the sole, filling the shoes with newspaper, and spraying a layer on each day for 4 days. I love the neon pop of colour in contrast with the leather dress, so I even spray painted a jeweled H&M necklace to match.

The Day 3 shows brought lots of coveted designs from Angele Eye, Goldie London, Fever, Zareen, Lucy Loves Ethel, Veejay Floresca, Carole McClellan, Theresa Chen, and Pouneh Askarian. It was a day of wearable fashion trends: my favourite being Theresa Chen's 1950's paris vintage-inspired collection. The voice of Edith Piaf sang over the speakers while models in perfectly ladylike yet seductive apparel walked the runway. I was in heaven. I am most definitely going to be doing some DIY projects to make my own fur-trimmed caplet. The shows also featured many more key trends including leather and peplum, which we've been seeing a lot of this week already. My favourite combination of the two was a leather peplum jacket by Pouneh Askarian (you'll see a photo of it below). Goldie London's collection also had my heart, with all the sophisticated looks which featured matted sequins. In particular, there was a pair of gold matte sequinned pants that were plain black on the back and sequinned on the front. They would be great for a night out.




Dress-Armani Exchange(thrifted), Belt-my mom's, Shoes-Aldo(thrifted, DIY), Necklace-H&M(DIY), Earrings-from my neighbour

The fashion scene crowd! (from left to right): Felix Tavira, Marilyn Wilson, Rony Walia, Sonia of istylebysonia, and myself
Angel Eye:


Goldie London:




Myself and blogger Angela Estelle. Everyone is wearing baseball caps as a fashion statement these days; I love how Angela changed it up and wore the jersey instead!
Zareen:


Lucy Loves Ethel:


Carole McClellan:

This vest looks so utterly luxurious and cozy!
Theresa Chen:




Pouneh Askarian:


Fever:


Isn't blogger Tairalyn's tulle skirt amazing? And she made it herself! I can't wait for her to put up the DIY post so I can make one myself too!

Clearly leather is here to stay! (I swear we didn't co-ordinate this!) The bloggers here rocking the trend (from left to right): Alison of Styling My Life and Ivy of This Is What We Do.
See you on the runway, Vancouver!
I'll be taking the night off tonight, but I'll be back at the shows Sunday to give you all the highlights of Day 5 at Vancouver Fashion Week.
Happy Styling! xo
~Britta

2 comments:

  1. Nice looks! I love the colour of your pumps!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Britt the Outfit is AMAZING. I love the bright yellow pumps. Wish I could pull it off. :P But you look fab! This looks like you had a great time once again - <3 Nance

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...