Thursday, October 17, 2013

Thrifty Thursday

Bright hues are out this week: now it's all burnt oranges, faded browns, and classic black. I do love colour, but my favourite thrifted picks this week are toned down...yet still ever so fabulous. I love picking something up and immediately imagining what I can style it with.


My rule for sweaters: when in doubt, try it on! Well, that's really my rule for thrifting in general, but it especially holds true for sweaters. I thought I'd give this one the benefit of the doubt, and once I tried it on I had all kinds of ideas for how to wear it! My first styling will be with a pair of skinny dark wash jeans and brown leather heeled boots; an easy fall outfit.


Store: Salvation Army
Brand: ?
Section: Sweaters
What I Paid: $7.99
What it's Worth: ?




There a few really great hats for fall, and this is one of them. The floppy felt hat has a bit of a boho feel to it, but to me it also seems to have the femme fatale vibe to it: I think it's how it shades your eyes. If you can find yourself a fedora, that would also be another good choice for fall, and there's always tons of them in the thrift store!


Store: Value Village
Brand: Express
Section: Hats & Scarves
What I Paid: $6.99
What it's Worth: ?


I call this the pretty Parisian dress. It has my favourite classic combo of beige and black, and the simple cotton design makes for an easy-to-throw-on piece. I can just picture it with a cozy knit thrown over top and a pair of black polka dot tights and ballet flats.


Store: Salvation Army
Brand: Enough About Me
Section: Dresses
What I Paid: $6.99
What it's Worth: ?


Happy Styling! xo

~Britta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...